INTERNATIONAL MARID CONFERENCES
The next (seventh) international conference, MARIDVII, will take place in 2023 in Brittany, France.
Under the aegis of the North Sea Hydrographic Commission, a workshop on marine sand wave dynamics was organised by the French Naval Hydrographic and Oceanographic Office (SHOM) and the University of Lille 1 (France) back in 2000. This workshop was succeeded by conferences covering marine and river dune dynamics:
– MARID II in 2004 at the University of Twente, Enschede, the Netherlands
– MARID III in 2008 at the University of Leeds, United Kingdom
– MARID IV in 2013 at the Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences, Belgium, and
– MARID V in 2016 at Bangor University, North Wales, United Kingdom
– MARID VI in 2019 at MARUM, University of Bremen, Germany
These conferences provide state-of-the-art overviews in fundamental and applied knowledge of marine and river dunes. The conference traditionally takes place over 3 days: 2 days are dedicated to plenary scientific sessions, including talks from keynote speakers and oral and poster presentations by delegates. A field excursion takes place on the third day to allow a convivial exchange between participants while discovering the geologically-interesting surroundings of the organising university.